Saturday, April 13, 2013

Run 59/Week 15 Recap

At the start, this run was really annoying. I have a new hydration belt from my in-laws for my birthday, but there must be a learning curve on getting a sweet spot when all 4 10-ounce bottles are full. I felt like I spent the first 10 minutes trying to pull my sweats up, my shirt down, and trying to find a spot where my belt would actually stay between my ribs and my mid-thigh. I finally started to get it figured out, although I had to tighten it up every 5 minutes or so until the back 2 bottles were empty. Although it was a pain at first, I'm thinking that if I had been able to wear running shorts and only one layer on top, it would be better. I'll only be using it on long runs. I did feel better physically with the addition of easily accessed water and nutrition despite the frustration. I was debating taking a minute or a minute and a half off my total time to account for all the stopping I had to do between the belt, traffic, and rocks in my shoe, but I did not. I'm taking the high road.


14.36mi
Distance
1:53:52
Duration
07:55
Avg Pace
1949
kCal




Miles left - 790.4
Time spent - 50:33:28
Calories burned - 48927
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had some crazy weather this week, which made me hesistate to run, but I still did it and knowing that I have at least a little self-discipline can help me stay disciplined in other areas of my life. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway. I had to abandon my June 8th Marathon to Marathon due to that being a crazy weekend, but I'll be doing the Dam to Dam on June 1st. We'll already be in Des Moines for something, so that will be fun. It's a 20k instead of a full marathon, so it's about 12.4 miles. I'm below 800 miles to go now!

Started - 822.2
Left - 790.4
Ran - 31.8
YTD - 374.6

No comments:

Post a Comment